We make this healthy Mexican pizza quite often for dinner! Its easy, kid-friendly, and takes 30 minutes to make! Not to mention its very tasty!
I might be a little biased because I love anything Mexican food but I think that you will enjoy them!
My husband and daughter devour them as soon as they come out of the oven! Which is probably why I make them so often! Is it just me or once you find a recipe that your toddler will actually eat you tend to make it a lot?
I know what you're thinking, there is no way that one of those is going to fill me up because I thought the same thing the first time I made them! But honestly, they do! Loaded with taco meat, beans, veggies, and cheese it ends up being way more filling then you think! And if not, you don’t have to feel guilty about having another one!
I follow the IIFYM diet and this recipe fits perfectly into my macros! Following this diet allows me to fit in foods that I love and still be on track with my fitness goals! If you haven’t heard of IIFYM(aka tracking macros) and are interested in starting it, you can read my blog Does Counting Macros Really Work? I tell you what they are, how I have had success with them, and how to get started!
Anyways, let’s jump into the recipe!
First, you are going to pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees. Then start cooking your ground beef on medium-high heat until browned; once browned add in taco seasoning. You also will want to start heating up your beans.
Once the oven is preheated cook tortillas on a greased(or spray non stick spray) baking sheet for 5-7 minutes until they start to brown and get crispy.
While tortillas and meat are cooking, dice up onion and bell peppers. Open cans of green chiles and olives and drain.
After you take your tortilla out you can start assembling your pizza! I start by adding the beans, ground beef, and cheese.
Then I will add olives, onion, bell pepper, and green chiles.
Put in the oven for additional 6-8 minutes to melt the cheese! Keep an eye on your tortilla to make sure it doesn’t start to burn.
Makes 4-5 servings, Prep Time: 20 minutes. Cook Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes
Macros for Mexican pizza: 428 Cal, 31g Carbs, 17g Fat, 36g Protein
What You Will Need:
La Banderita Low Carb Tortillas
1 LB 90/10 Lean Ground Beef
2% Mexican Cheese
1 packet of Taco Seasoning
1 can of refried beans ( I used Rosarita No Fat traditional )
4 oz can of green chiles
2.25 oz can of sliced olives
1/2 Yellow Onion
1 bag of mini sweet peppers (You don’t have to use the mini peppers its just what I had on hand)
Additional toppings: salsa, hot sauce, light sour cream or avocado
How To Make It:
1. Pre-heat oven to 425 F
2. Turn stove on to medium-high heat and cook ground beef until brown, then mix in taco seasoning.
3. Heat up beans in a sauce pan.
4. Once oven is pre-heated, take a baking sheet and spray non-stick spray. Then you’re going to take your tortilla and cook it in the oven for about 6-8 minutes.
5. While tortilla is cooking in the oven dice up onion and bell pepper.
6. Open and drain cans of green chiles and black olives.
7. Now, you’re going to add 128g (or serving size of the beans you have) 3oz ground beef, 28g shredded cheese, and 7g olives.
Note: If you do not track macros don’t worry about measuring everything out.
8.For the onion, peppers, and green chiles add as much as you want.
9. Put back in the oven for 8 more minutes or until cheese is melted and tortilla is crispy. Just make sure to watch it so it doesn’t burn.
10. Enjoy! You can add salsa, hot sauce, sour cream or even guacamole!